Hollister Co. US
Updated: December 2014
How Third Parties Serve You Our Advertisements On Other Websites and Your Choices
For information about opt out programs these third party advertising companies participate in and the effect of opting out, click on the following: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (you will leave this Website for a centrally managed online site where you can specify your preference under those programs). You can also click on the icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies. We may use more than one third party company for placing this advertising, which would require you to opt out of each company.
- Information Collected Online
- Mobile Application
- Information Collected on Pages Hollister Co. Has on Social Media Sites
- Information Collected via Telephone Support
- Using Information We Collect Online
- Information We Share With Third Parties
- If you apply for a Job or Attend Casting Calls
- International Users
- Updating Personal Information in Your Account
- Privacy of Children
- Security Statement
- Supported Web Browsers
- Questions/Contact Us
Information Collected Online
1. General Browsing
We collect general information about our visitors’ experience with our Websites and this general information is not connected to personally identifiable information about individual visitors. The information collected includes which pages our visitors are viewing on our Websites and whether visitors arrived through a link for our Websites. It also includes information on the type of browser and service provider used. For visitors using a mobile version of our Websites, this includes technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear. All of this information helps us provide a better experience for our visitors by being able to determine such things as how to best format our mobile Websites for various devices, our most desired pages, products and features, how to best direct visitors to our Websites, and where there might be browser or service provider connection issues.
2. Location Information
Our Websites and emails include features that require collecting different types of location information that we use for the specific feature, such as:
- Check-In. If you decide to check-in at one of our stores, we collect your specific location information. This requires that you enable the location-based services on your mobile device, and allow us to access your current location.
- Find A Store and Find In Store. Our Websites allow you to search for the nearest store and whether nearby stores have certain items in stock. If you access our Website through a mobile device and you have enabled location-based services, specific location information may be collected for these features. If you access these features through a desktop device, you can choose to have your browser provide us your location information to respond to your request. The specificity of the desktop device location information can vary depending on the browser you are using.
- Email. Our emails may use your IP address to determine the city where you are located when you open the email. This allows us to tailor content to you, such as a map of nearby stores.
Mobile devices referenced above include your cell phone, and could include your laptop or tablet depending on the type of wireless connectivity used. If you do not consent to provide or disable location-based services, we may ask you to manually select the region where you are located, or to enter your zip code; if you chose not to provide this information some features of the Websites may not be available. See the “Opt-Out” section below for the choices you have regarding collection of location information.
3. Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
Categories of personally identifiable information collected online include name, address, gender, month and day of birth, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, payment card information, recipient's name, address and email address, modeling information (including name, size stats, work information, and contact information), use of our Websites tied to one of these categories and any other information you choose to provide, including through your personal social media accounts, as described below.
4. Personal Information You Allow Us to Collect from Your Social Media Accounts
To create an account on our Websites or to participate in certain features, our Websites may allow you to choose to let us access information from accounts you have created on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and other similar sites (“Personal Social Media Accounts”). If you chose to allow us access to your Personal Social Media Accounts, Hollister Co. could collect some, and possible all, of the data in the Personal Social Media Account to which you grant access. Depending on the terms of the social media site, this information could include: your name, email address, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, birthday, likes, education history, work history, current city, hometown, interests, relationship status, and location. Once you grant this permission, Hollister Co. will be able to continue to be linked to the permitted Personal Social Media Account and collect information without a further request for permission, which could include later revisions to existing information or new types of information that you add. If you no longer want your Personal Social Media Account(s) linked to our Websites, click on the ‘disconnect’ link located on our Websites near the corresponding social media button and we will stop collecting this information. You may also be able to stop our ability to link to information in your Personal Social Media Account by following instructions provided on the applicable social media sites.
We offer Apps for download to your mobile device that provide you with various interactive features.
The collection and means of collecting information through any currently existing or future App are discussed in this policy when referencing Websites under the following sections:
- “General Browsing”
- “Location Information”
- “Personally Identifiable Information We Collect”
- “Information Collected If You Allow Us to Access Your Personal Social Media Accounts”
- “Cookies and Advertising”
The use and sharing of information through any currently existing or future App are discussed in this policy when referencing Websites under the following sections:
- “Using Information We Collect Online”
- “Information We Share With Third Parties”
- “Cookies and Advertising”
- Use of some features of an App will ask for permission to access data on your mobile device, such as your photos. We will only access this data if you provide consent when asked by the App. Please note, some features of the App are only available if you allow us to access the requested content.
- If you provide consent when asked, the App will send push notifications ("Notifications") to your mobile device. These Notifications can be sent to you and viewed by you even if you are not actively using the App. The Notifications may be specific to your interactions with us and may be location-specific if you have consented to location-based services.
- See the “Opt-Out” section below for the choices you have regarding collection of location-based information and data from your mobile device, and receipt of Notifications.
Information Collected on Pages Hollister Co. Has on Social Media Sites
Personal information may be collected directly by Hollister Co. through our Social Media Pages and may also be collected by the social media site hosting the Hollister Co. Social Media Page.
The social media sites where Hollister Co. has Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to Hollister Co. about your use of our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of our Social Media Pages, and interaction with content on our Social Media Pages. Overall, this information may be used to help us understand the types of visitors and users of our Social Media Pages and use of the content.
Information Collected via Telephone Support
We may collect personal information from you when you contact us via telephone. This will include any information that you may provide us over the telephone about yourself or the issue you are contacting us about. We will use this information solely for the purpose of providing the relevant customer support services to you.
We may use service providers to provide telephone support services as set out below in the section entitled "Information We Share With Third Parties".
Using Information We Collect Online
We may use the information we collect under this policy (including information collected through cookies; see below section on “Cookies” and “How Third Parties Serve You Our Advertisements On Other Websites And Your Choices” noted above for details on cookies and how we use them), to fulfill product orders; to fulfill your requests (such as contact us, click to chat, email a friend, coming soon product alert, wish list or a post card); to contact you or the product recipient(s) in the event of order or delivery difficulties; to serve site content; to provide marketing communications regarding our products, services and promotions to you (including sending cart abandonment emails) and to people in your Membership address book; to administer our Hollister Club Cali program; to post content you provide to us through our Websites, Apps or Social Media Pages, such as comments, reviews or images on our Websites, Apps and Social Media Pages, or use it in our marketing communications; to analyze your activity with us, including interaction with our Websites, the effectiveness of our advertising and your purchases; to personalize our communications to you; to respond to your inquiries; to update information maintained in your online Membership; to conduct surveys, sweepstakes or contests; to develop our products, services, and Websites; and to consider you for employment. Hollister Co. uses the information collected on its Social Media Pages to send communications regarding our products, services, and promotions; to respond to your inquiries; to conduct surveys, sweepstakes or contests; to analyze your activity on our Social Media Pages and to develop our products and services. See the “Opt-Out” section below for the choices you have related to receiving marketing communications from us.
If you previously signed up for the original Club Cali, even though the program no longer exists, HollisterCo.com has retained your name, email address, and postal address for marketing purposes.
Information We Share With Third Parties
If, when you provide us your email, you elect to share your email address with our affiliated companies (for example, Hollister Co.) so that they may send you promotional materials, we will share your email address with them. If you provide your mobile phone number and consent to receive promotional text messages from any of our affiliated companies, we will share your mobile phone number with them. You can be assured that except for similar limited circumstances as specified below and also in their privacy policies, our affiliated companies will not sell or rent your email address to unrelated third parties.
We make the names and postal addresses in our postal mailing list, sometimes categorized by purchasing information, available to our affiliates (i.e., Abercrombie & Fitch and abercrombie kids) and other unaffiliated companies for their marketing purposes. See the “Opt-Out” section below for instructions on how to opt out of sharing with unaffiliated companies.
If you submit content to us through our Websites, Apps or Social Media Pages, such as comments, reviews or images, and we choose to post your content on our Websites or otherwise display it, it will become public information.
Please be aware that we may use third parties to assist us with our e-commerce business, such as our Websites and emails, and our Social Media Pages. Some examples of the assistance that may be provided by third party service providers are: fulfilling orders (including, but not limited to, processing payments, providing fraud prevention services, and verifying addresses); providing advertising services, including on social media sites and internet search engines; monitoring and analyzing site activity, your actions in response to emails and the effectiveness of our advertising; providing support services; conducting surveys; administering and maintaining employment application information; administering and sending text messages and Notifications via a mobile device; offering interactive features on our App; and administering emails, our Hollister Club Cali program, product reviews, promotions, sweepstakes or contests. Personal information you provide us may be shared, as necessary, directly with the relevant third parties to so carry out functions on our behalf. It is possible that some of these service providers will be located outside of the United States.
You should also be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Websites, the Websites or the public.
If HollisterCo.com were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if it acquires another business entity or is involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with this entity, and may also be retained by HollisterCo.com. Other than this acquisition, sale or reorganization, we do not sell or rent your email address to unrelated third parties.
What Are Cookies, Pixel Tags and URL Links, and How Are These Used on Our Websites or in Our Emails?
Our Websites use, and our third party service providers may also use, Pixel Tags (also known as Web beacons, Web bugs, and Clear GIFs) on the Websites and in emails. A Pixel Tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a Webpage or email message. Pixel Tags may be used to collect the same information about your visit that is collected through cookies, as noted above. We may also collect information about a search engine used, and a search engine advertisement clicked to navigate to the Websites. Pixel Tags in emails also help us confirm the receipt of, and response to, our emails (including your interaction with your Websites as a result of receiving the email) and the time our email is viewed. This information helps us to make similar evaluations about our Websites and emails as with cookies and to determine the most desired features and information so that we can provide those features and information to you and personalize our interactions with you. This information may also be linked to and combined with information that we collect about you from your visits to our Websites.
In addition, our email communications to you may include a "click-through URL" linked to a particular page on one of our Websites. By clicking on one of the URLs, you will automatically enter one of our Websites and we may collect information related to the "click-through". You may avoid having this information collected by not clicking on the URL links in our email communications.
1. Collection of Location Information.
a) Mobile Device Location Information Through our Mobile Sites and Apps. Your mobile device may allow you to disable location-based services on your device, which will prevent our Websites from accessing your mobile device location information. For specific questions regarding disabling your device's location services, we recommend you review the specific instructions provided for your mobile device. Note that some features on our Websites, such as check-in, may not be available if you disable location-based services.
b) Desktop Device Location Information Through Website Features. Your desktop web browser may allow you to remove permission you granted through your desktop device for our Websites to access your location information and/or completely block requests for location information. For specific questions regarding disabling your browser’s location services, we recommend you review the specific instructions provided with your browser.
c) Location Information Through Email. Your email program may allow you to prevent the images in the emails you receive from us from downloading, which will also prevent our service provider from accessing your location information. You can also unsubscribe from receiving our emails, as described in the “Email” section below.
2. Notifications and Access to Data on Your Mobile Device.If you have provided consent and no longer wish to receive Notifications, or no longer want us to access the specific information on your device (e.g., photos, etc) for which you previously gave consent, you will need to adjust the settings on your mobile device. Please note, the process for changing settings on your mobile device may vary; to learn how to change these settings refer to the specific instructions provided for your mobile device.
3. Email.You can choose the frequency at which you receive marketing emails or unsubscribe if you no longer want to receive marketing emails from Hollister Co., or our affiliated companies (like Abercrombie & Fitch). To unsubscribe from Hollister Co. go to the unsubscribe page, or to unsubscribe from our affiliated companies if you created an account or are a member of the Club Cali program, go to the email and phone page within the “My Info” section of the Websites, click on “manage your marketing preferences”, and select the option to no longer receive emails in the dropdown menus for each brand, and press ‘SUBMIT.' Please be aware, however, even if you request to limit the frequency you can receive marketing emails or to be removed from our email marketing list, you may still receive email confirmations for any orders placed on our Websites.
4. Text Message Marketing.If you have signed up to receive text messages from Hollister Co., or any of our affiliated companies (for example, Abercrombie & Fitch and abercrombie kids), but no longer wish to receive these messages, simply follow the opt-out instructions in the Texts Terms & Conditions for each brand. Or, if you created an account or are a member of the Club Cali program, go to the email and phone page within the "My Info" section of the Websites, click on "manage your marketing preferences", and select the option to no longer receive text messages in the drop-down menu for each brand and press ‘SUBMIT.' Please note, if you unsubscribe by sending a text or by going to the email and phone page within the "My Info" section of the Websites you may receive a reply message confirming that you have opted out of receiving text messages.
5. Postal Marketing.If you no longer wish to receive other marketing materials from Hollister Co. via regular postal mail, please click Privacy_Policy@HollisterCo.com and tell us to remove you from our postal mailing list and include the postal address you wish to have removed.
6. Third-Party Postal Sharing.If you would like to make sure that we do not disclose your name and postal address to unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please email us at Privacy_Policy@HollisterCo.com and tell us you do not want your postal address shared with unaffiliated third parties, including the postal address.
If you Apply for a Job or Attend Casting Calls
If you want to work for us, you can submit a curriculum vitae or resume online or fill out an employment application online. When you fill in an online employment application, we will collect personal data such as your name and contact details. We will use this information to evaluate you as a candidate for the position that you applied for and to contact you about the position.
We invite our employees who are interested in becoming a model to attend casting calls. If you would like to attend one of our casting calls, we may ask you to electronically send us information such as your statistics and age and to provide us with photographs or video footage of you. We may share this information and media with the modeling agency that we engage to assist us in determining whether we are interested in you becoming a model.
If you electronically send us information about your interest in being a model for us (such as your name, size stats, work information, contact information, photographs, and video), we will only use that information to determine whether we are interested in you being a model and to contact you about prospective modeling. We may share also that information with our modeling agency. The modeling agency will use your information solely to assist us in determining whether we are interested in you being an Abercrombie & Fitch model.
Updating Personal Information in Your Account
If you have signed up for a Membership we prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. To do this, we provide you with the opportunity to update or modify your personal information, including your billing address, preferred shipping information, payment details, and contact information. Just sign in to your Membership with your email address and password, and you'll see an overview page where you can update your information.
To request to have your account cancelled send an email to Privacy_Policy@HollisterCo.com and include the email address of the account you wish to cancel.
Privacy of Children
For your convenience and enjoyment, our Websites may contain links to other websites. We do not evaluate and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We would urge you to review the privacy policies on each link to ensure that you are comfortable with their privacy policies and practices.
Hollister Co. limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal data, and Hollister Co. employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality. In addition, it is our policy to never send your payment card number via email.
In addition, we designed our online store to accept orders only from Web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Browsers that do not meet this requirement will be prevented from navigating the online store section of our Websites. See "Supported Web Browsers" for more information. While we implement the above security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
Supported Web Browsers
HollisterCo.com supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0+ and Apple Safari 5.1+. We recommend if you are viewing our websites on Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to download the latest version in order to maximize your experience, otherwise you may not be able to access or utilize all pages on our websites as intended.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please email us at Privacy_Policy@HollisterCo.com or contact us at:
Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, Inc.
6301 Fitch Path
New Albany, Ohio 43054 USA